Monday, August 20, 2012

Nautical Fabric Love

I have to admit, I'm a marine biology nerd. I love anything about the ocean, and nautical themes. While looking over the usual blogs I read tonight I came across the cutest fabric!! 


Its called Out to Sea by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller Fabrics. Totally my style of fabric. Its colorful, cute, whimsical....I could go on and on. I think I would have hard time cutting it honestly. But what's wrong with buying more fabric, just cause its pretty? Nothing at all! Projects can always be found for the fabric later. My name is Amy, and I'm a fabric hoarder:-)

During my month long vacation we stopped in Atlanta for a few days to check out the aquarium (amazing) and a few other attractions. Of course I had to run right over to Whipstitch. I loved this store. Awesome colorful fabrics everywhere. I found a bundle of some of the fabrics from this line,Shore Thing by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller Fabrics,  and scooped them right up.


I'm even thinking of a marine biology themed quilt. I need to get to work on the planning:-)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy

    Oh my goodness I have just noticed that I was given two groups in the swap! When I saw I had Tula Pink I ordered the fabric immediately because I live in England so it has to come here first and then I have to cut it and get it back again.

    When I saw my name in the Tula Pink list I quit looking. But I've been assigned Anna Marie Horner too so I'd better get cracking ordering 2 yards of that too. Just as well I looked again!!! When is the fabric meant to be shipped back to you please? I would have written an email but I couldn't find your email address sorry.
    Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, as well as posting any tips/tricks and blogs you have found helpful. I will add them to my blog list:-)