Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back! And ready to get to work!

I cant wait to see all of the fabric choices everyone makes. Its going to be a long 3 weeks!!!

I have been pretty lame with blogging and am trying my best to get back in gear. We just got back from a long vacation in RI and Maine for most of the month of July and into August. It was great to get away and have some bearable summer weather. 

We drove from TX to RI in 2 days. It was a long ride but I still found it way less stressful than flying with the kids. When we got to NJ we made an early morning stop at Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss). They were just opening and there was already a line to the door inside. I didnt mind though because it gave me extra time to try and make a decision about what I wanted from all the yummy treats. Wasnt easy! Before we left Alden got a picture with Mauro. He didnt care who it was but I was excited:-)




We stayed in a beach cabin in Maine for a week and ate A LOT of lobster. It was so cheap in fact that we got these 28 for $100. Awesome!!! Even the kids got in on the lobster. I'm pretty sure my sister (11 yrs old) ate at least 3. The weather was wonderful, and nice and cool at night. We used our pioneer woman skills but I'm afraid they failed us. We had to have my Dad and my husband to fix our "fires" more than once.


Lastly I havent done a single craft, or sewed anything since before I left for vacation. Heres a picture of the quilt I finished just before we left. It was made using the TWISTER tool to cut the blocks from a quick quilt top made from an entire layer cake of fabric. I used KATE SPAIN - TERRAIN and I love all the colors and how they look together in the finished quilt. 


I am ready to get back to work now and get into some quilty goodness. What are you working on?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, as well as posting any tips/tricks and blogs you have found helpful. I will add them to my blog list:-)