Friday, June 29, 2012

Hello Everyone!

I would like to begin my blog by introducing myself. My name is Amy and I'm a mom of 2 young boys and 2 teenage stepkids, and have been married for 5 years. We have lived in TX for 5 years as well. I have always enjoyed being creative. As a child I enjoyed drawing, painting, and doing a wide assortment of crafts.
I have to admit though that my biggest weakness is FABRIC. I love the create and sew with fabrics. I love brightly colored quilts. I love blogs about quilting and fabric, which brings me to a stash building club I came across. Jeni's blog IN COLOR ORDER is full of wonderful information on color theory and stash building. I need to build my stash. Until now I have just been buying fabrics for specific projects so by the end I usually just have scraps of everything. I would like to be able to look in my fabric cabinet and pick pieces out whenever I need them. Jeni has colaborated with PINK CASTLE FABRICS to create a monthly stash builder club! BRILLIANT!!! I signed up immediately. I have no self control.
Anyways......lately I have been feeling less than healthy. I had surgery earlier this year and since then gained a little weight since I had to sit around for so long. I have decided its time for a "food reform". I am making a huge effort to try cooking more organic, healthy, "reformed" food. Tonight I made CAPRESE PASTA SALAD with whole grain pasta. OMG! So good! My 2 year old was mauling me for the penne out of my bowl, after he had already had some on his plate. I would call that a success! Now I'm looking for a recipe for whole wheat muffins to freeze for breakfasts. YUM!
What are your favorite sites for healthy eating? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, as well as posting any tips/tricks and blogs you have found helpful. I will add them to my blog list:-)